Monday, May 24, 2010

Before I do more blogging, a bit about me. I am a forty-six year old father and husband. I live in Vermont and work in sales in the action sports and outdoor industry. I also own an antique shop that sells antique furniture and recycled/antique building materials. I love to ski, snowboard, mountain bike and do anything that involves my kids. I garden, play music and read a lot. It is not an exaggeration to say that I have been haunted by our habit, as a nation, of neglect with regard to our natural environment. Simple steps like recycling at home and at work, drinking tap water rather than bottled water, changing to energy efficient light bulbs and buying cars that get over 25 miles to the gallon can dramatically save natural resources and preserve the air we breathe. Those of us that can/choose to go the extra step by driving hybrid or electric cars, installing solar heating/pv systems and the like should. None of us can live completely “green” lives, but the current styles by which many of us live are no good. As you learn more about me and my views via my blog, feel free to call me out if you see evidence of hypocrisy, unsubstantiated fact, conjecture, etc. I am looking for a dialogue by which we can all learn how to do better by the environment. I am looking for thoughts regarding political solutions, big business solutions, scientific solutions, etc. Bring it on. Let’s talk

No comments:

Post a Comment